"It's just been wonderful, I couldn't live my life without coming here to try to straighten myself out. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it and I'm not just coming to see the doctor and then leave. I'm really trying to work on myself [in therapy]."
- Care Fund beneficiary since August 2017
- Care Fund beneficiary since August 2017
What is Care Fund?
The purpose of the Care Fund is to provide assistance to those clients who do not have insurance or otherwise would not be able to afford therapy and medication management. Approval is at the discretion of the Care Fund Committee and based on income guidelines and available funds at the time of application.
The Care Fund Committee is comprised of three staff members to include an employee from the clinical department, the administrative department, and a member of leadership. In addition, the internal committee will report to one or more of the Board of Directors whom will be appointed as liaison(s) for the Board.
How does Care Fund work?
In order to qualify for Care Fund visits you must apply using the application linked below. If you are approved for Care Fund vouchers, you will receive an award letter in the mail soon after, and vouchers will be held at the office for use at your next visit.
- Client cannot have commercial mental health insurance coverage, or Medicare.
- Client will pay a fee to the fullest extent possible with a minimum payment of $5.00 per session.
- Each application can be for a maximum of 12 visits and the committee will determine dollar amount based on current charges and patient income.
- Client must start using their Care Fund vouchers within the same month of the approval date or they will be void.
- If more than 1 scheduled visit is missed, any remaining vouchers will be void
- Unused vouchers expire three months after the approval date, and a new application can be submitted after vouchers expire or after the last voucher is used.
- Care Fund monies can be used for past visits unless client had insurance coverage during that time period. However, clients are still held responsible for any past due balance billed to insurance.
- Care Fund monies can only be used to pay for therapy visits OR in order for monies to be used towards medical services the patient must be actively seeing a therapist. Proper releases must be completed for the outside therapy service provider
- The Care Fund Committee will meet on the third Thursday of every month. Proof of income for your application must be received prior to the monthly meeting in order to have your application reviewed.
- Applications can be obtained from the administrative staff or on our website and returned to The Saluda Counseling Center once completed for review. They will then meet with the designated Care Fund Committee member to review the policy and sign their application.
- Client must attend and pay a minimum payment upon scheduling of $25 for initial therapy sessions, and a minimum payment upon scheduling of $65 for initial medical assessment before being considered for Care Fund.
- All special circumstances are considered on a case by case basis by the Committee.
Click on the link below to apply:
Care Fund Application
Applications are reviewed monthly, on the third Thursday of the month, and approval letters are mailed early the following week. Please ensure your completed application is submitted by the second week of the month for review or it will be postponed until the next monthly meeting for review. If you have questions about your Care Fund application, please call the office at 803-327-6103 x 220, or 222 with your questions.
Applying for Care Fund
If you are a new client, or an existing client you may apply. We ask that you review the Care Fund Income Guidelines below prior to applying. Please complete the application by clicking the link below. You will need to meet with a Care Fund Committee member to review the policy, as well as submit proof of income before your application is reviewed by the Committee.
Please note that it is the patient’s responsibility to keep track of your Care Fund visits, just as providing updated insurance information is the responsibility of the patient. It is your responsibility to initiate an application to renew, or apply for new visits or you will revert to self pay rates without approved vouchers available. Proof of income will be required for each application.